Friday, March 13, 2009

Thinking....


Ever just sat and thought about the people you love....I mean, really thought about them.


Sometimes I sit and wonder about my children and the ones they also love, and of course, my dear granddaughter, Brittney.


In my head are conversations going on.....and no, I'm not psychotic.


God and I chat away all day long. Well, I chat anyway. Sometimes I get a sense of peace when I'm telling him about one particular person. Other times I get quite anxious about another, so I chat about that one just a little longer. I tell God the things I'm thinking and remind him of how important these dear ones are to me. I know he cares for them even more than I do, so I just let him get a hold of those thoughts and ask him to keep them there with him....to let him do his work in those thoughts and to work in those lives I've talked to him about.


I often wonder that is perhaps what makes life seem to go by so quickly. I think it might have something to do with it. It is true that when we're busy with things, time seems to fly by. The same holds true that when our minds are full and thinking (praying), time disappears. So, whether we're busy with the physical trials of life and getting from one day to the next or whether we're busy with emotional and spiritual things, the more active we are either way, time appears to go by very quickly. (And yes, we can do both at the same time - physical and spiritual things happening at once).


Time seems to go more slowly when we are in some kind of pain, I think. Mental or physical pain can debilitate us and we concentrate on that pain moment by moment until the best thing to relieve it is either sleep or some kind of pain killer. Most of us have been there, I'm sure. I have.


Guess I just need to remember that God walks with me, in every circumstance of life and on in to death. It's really good to get to know God well, because it is his life (spirit) that gets to walk with us into the next life. No one on earth is able to do that. No friend. No family member. No one.


So, I shall continue to get to know Christ more, to rely more fully on his friendship, to trust him more completely. It will be good to have one Friend to lead me into eternity.


That's how I think about it anyway. I'm no theological scholar, so all these thoughts could most likely get thrown out of the first day of any seminary class. But that's OK.

1 comment:

Linea said...

Seminary class or no, you know the essence of what is essential to grasp; that your relationship with God is the most valuable thing you have. Classes can't teach the really important heart stuff.