Saturday, May 16, 2009

Just what I needed....











A day with my man at our most favorite spot....Waskesiu Lake.
Seems like every time we go, God gives us new and exciting scenery and wildlife.
Well, there was some pretty wild life alright when I went to take a jaunt down to the "scenic spot" where several young fellows had gathered, obviously not totally sober and some took to "peeing into the wind" as it were. But hey, these guys were foul mouthed, totally crude, rude and stewed so I simply walked past the brawny lot and took my pictures anyway. What hasn't a mother seen in her motherly role, I say!
So, me and my man just strolled the beach, watched the geese, gulls and odd magpie. They were all being quite cooperative today. Must be the nesting season where all are absorbed in the role of parent, not bothering quite yet about weird "people types" with cameras.
The lake was ice-free for many, many metres from shore but out in the middle, it made it's last stand, hoping the wind wouldn't come and crush it into the far shore. I'm trusting the wind to have it's way before we arrive in late June!!!
We found a camp site at "Birch Bay". I walked around with Mr. Olympus, while husband read the paper in the car. Good times. I sat in the sun on the steps heading down to the lake and soaked up the sights and sounds. The waves lapping on shore, gulls screeching their greetings and warnings, ducks quacking off in the distance, ants working hard beneath my feet and the wind for an hour or so came howling in off the ice and into our little camp site. Just a reminder that summer is NOT here quite yet.
Husband got the fire going and I got out the cooler with hot dogs, beans and brownies for dessert.
I asked him if he'd take a picture of me by the fire and he graciously complied. He doesn't much take to these new fangled digital cameras but he held it and.......click.......shoot....nothing. Well, that's not quite true. It was actually something!!! He had by total accident clicked the switch that allows you to automatically time your shot, which I had never bothered to find out how to do or where the confounded thing was. So, now we both know....and we got a shot of us "together". How cool was that!!! I thanked him for his incredibly good mistake.
A sweet day.
Now for company tomorrow. Should be fun if the weather holds.
'nite.....and I thank God for the day.

No comments: