Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day...




Well, this is one mother who loves her flowers.
Received red roses from husband and a beautiful card. AND we went to the Ramada for a beautiful lunch with friends V & B....who's children also are not within driving distance.
The women at church took home some mini-carnations, which I added to the roses.
Daughter called with loving and good wishes for the day....which I returned to her, with my love.
Son sent one of those e-cards. It was one where you click on images in the kitchen and it makes a huge mess.....ya, I did that a few times. Such fun....and some loving words from him as well.
I continue to be one blessed individual.....undeserving....but blessed.
And this is my "Mother's Day" prayer for my children (even though they're all grown up) -
God, watch over my children this night...meet their every need of heart and mind and soul and their physical needs too, God.
Keep them nestled in your arms, holding them, comforting them and encouraging them to keep on in this thing called "life".
Protect them from evil.
Soothe and heal their hearts when broken.
Lead them on your path you have for them. Show them your way and allow them to choose. Give them safety in all they do and give them peace as they sleep this night.
Thank you for them, their lives and how they are a blessing to others.
Thank you too, God, for the privilege of being a (sometimes good and sometimes not-so-good) mother to each of them.
Yes, a privilege God....and a true blessing. Amen.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh Mom that was so nice - thank-you for that. I wish we could have been with you today. We should try and meet half way in Saskatoon next weekend for the day. Happy Mother's Day - I am so thankful for you and I know how blessed I am to have such a thoughtful mom as you - May God bless you as well tonight and always:)