Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Weary....




Yes. Weary.


As I type, I look up at that picture........ and my inner being would love to be a cow. Ya, I know. Quite the plan for my life.


They are always so peaceful looking....when the bulls aren't around. But they just sit there, watching the clouds roll by, the grass growing and bugs landing on their hind quarters.


They chew cud too, but even that looks peaceful.


Times come in our lives when we need to just sit. Sit. Get rejuvenated. Think about life.


It must be gettin' close to vacation time 'cause I'm runnin' out of steam.


And it's an extremely busy week next week as we get to meet a couple who will be "candidating" as co-pastors in our church. A husband and wife team. A young couple. He's the same age as our son!


It will be a time of "discerning"....asking the questions of God that will give us peace as to whether these are the people He wants to lead us at Gateway and to involve themselves in ministry in this city. It's a good place to be...in the will of God. Things seem to go much more smoothly when that happens as opposed to attempting to do things on our own.


Interesting times.......we're looking forward to them.....


I still wouldn't mind being a cow....... for a day or two at least.........

No comments: