Friday, July 31, 2009

Where's the summer???? (as opposed to beef)

One of the very few "beach days".
Took a picture of myself... taking a picture:)

One store displayed baskets of Pansies.
Sun in the water...Crean Lake Channel.

Droplets on yet another droplet day.

Gulls like doing the same things as us...sunning.

"Can you see me now????"

Sailboats have the run of the lake most days!! Wind! Wind! Wind!

Brittney sunning....on one of the few sunny days.

Flying to the sun.....

Can one ever tire of a sunset????
No!!! 'cause they're all different!!!
A fast take-off.

Saskatchewan's own prairie lily.

Blue bluebells.

We picnicked lake-side.

He said he wanted to pose.

Granddaughter and daughter...getting some much needed sun.

A beauty of a day.

"Mother said to line up!"
A water plant covered in water.

I love clouds. They have character.

Another vibrant sunset at Waskesiu.


Well, let's see.
Vacation began with being sick for over a week.
After that.....
Four times fishing.
Six beach days.
Four days in P.A.
The rest was either raining, wanting to rain or making up for rain.
It made for some interesting times with my trusty Olympus though.
All children will be at the lake with us for my last vacation week coming up.....and then:
1. I go back to work.
2. Daughter and family stay at lake for another week.
3. Son leaves for some very far away country for an indeterminable time.
It's been a good time just being there for our granddaughter....while she scoopes ice cream and learns how to "make a living" and all that that entails. It is a blessing to be able to be there for her, picking her up, taking her to work, fixing her meals and having fun. I'd make my vacation available for her again.....any time. It's what Grams do....

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thank-you guys for having her for your WHOLE vacation. This is the longest she has been away, but I am greatful for all the time she is having with you guys and I know some day she will look back on these memories with much heart-felt fondness. And for that I am thank-ful. Some of my most precious memories are of times I spent with grandpa (your dad) growing up.