Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The calm before the storm....

Got boat at Waskesiu and stopped at Prospect Point

Off to Sandy Lake for the day.

All was calm....all was bright.....
Another good day to reflect...

Greebes were plentiful...

Loons seem to enjoy having their picture taken.

Barely a ripple....on a beautiful morning.

This little guy looked as if he had mange....

The scenery was awesome.


As I type this I am groggy and not quite "with it"...shall we say. Please excuse any and all errors. After a lovely day with husband up at Sandy Lake attempting to catch some fish yesterday, I came back to work today and received a call to get to the dreaded root canal as there was a cancellation. I went.

Let's preface it all by saying I'm extremely claustrophobic....ie. NO hands tied together, NO covering head with anything, no caves, no blackness, no elevators (if possible), NO covering mouth, NO lying me upside down. Now I know the dear dentist loves to have my upper tooth so he can work at it full force and have it right where he needs it to be to get a good canal expulsion and I have done this before.....but today....oh man, before he could get my head way lower than the rest of my body, I was up like a bullet. No. No. No. I COULD NOT HAVE MY HEAD LOWER THAN THE REST OF ME. PERIOD. How about some narcotics. Sure. At least makes for a bit of fun. Took those babies and I could have stood on my head and yanked out those canals all by myself with a yelp of satisfaction, to boot. Ya, could have....but didn't. But I didn't give him any more trouble....poor fellow. Came home and fell asleep....where I should be right now as my eyelids are not really open and my fingers are not functioning in their full effortless manner. Kind of like doing something really stupid when you're drunk only to find out exactly how stupid you were the night before when ou wake up. Who knows. Maybe nothing I've said here will make any sense at all in the morning.....if I will even be able to GET out of bed. I'll see.
Soo yesterday's fishing was terrible but we had the entire lake to ourselves. The silence was beautiful, the lake was calm and the sun shone all day. A beauty.
And today my mouth is swollen and sore and I'm drugged to my eyeballs.
Well, I know I'll have a good sleep..........hope you do too.............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: