Monday, September 28, 2009

Queen City trip...

Pink roses surrounded Queen Elizabeth's statue..
I waited around for him to enter but alas, he did not......:-)

A very young Queen Elizabeth on her mount.

Family enjoyed the beauty of the legislative grounds too.

We watched the sun go down on our way to Regina.

Portion of the Legislative building...and rotunda.

I went to visit my boss, but he wasn't in....

I'm thinking.....Rome??? Regina???? Ya, beautiful architecture!

What's a prairie sunset without grain bins in
the foreground?
Mr. Moon travelled all the way with us.

Coming home today, fall was showing off.
It was a grand trip to the Queen City. I enjoy snooping around for various types of architecture wherever I go, but our Legislative buildings are quite spectacular when you get right up close to them. It was fun to capture various sides to the front of the building, at least.
The grounds are immaculate and still very lovely as there has been no frost as yet to fade their beauty.
It reminded me again too, of our deep connection to the Monarchy. It gave me a personal connection as well, with my half British roots........me being just first generation Canadian and all. The internet picked this up regarding her statue:
"The Queen, in regimental dress, sits side-saddle on her horse, as though she is reviewing the guards. Queen Elizabeth II Gardens is just one of the many beautifully landscaped areas around the Saskatchewan Legislative Building which overlooks Wascana Lake. In 1962 the Wascana Center was formed as a 2300 acre park where visitors and residents can visit the Legislative Building, the Royal Saskatchewan Museum and the University of Regina and other interesting buildings."
And it was a very grand time to be with our daughter and family. They are constantly in our hearts and our prayers......as is our son.
This post is a little disoriented but that's OK.....at least you get an idea of our weekend.

No comments: