Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A patchwork...



When my friend came into town today, she brought me this beautiful patchwork quilted Christmas tree skirt as a gift to show me I was loved by her. She worked many hours on this piece of art, first choosing the pattern, then finding which pieces of material would go best beside one another. A whole process. It looks three dimensional, doesn't it?
I do love it!! Not because of its beauty or because it will look great at the base of our Christmas tree, but because it was made by her hands......for me.
I've been enjoying looking at it very closely . There is great detail in the pattern and it reminded me of my life and hers and how over the years, our lives have intersected and given shape to what it is now...a beautiful patchwork quilt, full of detail and color.
But like the quilt in its production stages when it looked messy and the pattern couldn't be seen, it was only after some determination to see the final product, did the pattern appear in this beautiful form. And that is like friendship. We see each other's rough edges as true friendship grows, but it is our determination in appreciating one another for who we are as people that the beauty of that friendship is revealed.
I have very few, if any, true meaningful possessions but I shall forever count this as one.
Yes, I do love this creation because......in Eunice knowing me.....she knows how much I love Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Linea said...

That is a beautiful tree skirt.