Monday, November 2, 2009

The need of humanity....

All of us need healing whether we confess to be Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Jewish, or Hindu.

All of us have a desire within us to be well and content with life.

Here are a variety of prayers that help us as individuals, no matter what faith we profess.

Jewish Healing Prayer
God, hear my prayer, And let my cry come to You. Do not hide from me in the day of my distress. Turn to me and speedily answer my prayer.Eternal God, Source of healing,Out of my distress I call upon You. Help me sense Your presence at this difficult time.Grant me patience when the hours are heavy; In hurt or disappointment give me courage. Keep me trustful in Your love. Give me strength for today, and hope for tomorrow. To your loving hands I commit my spirit, when asleep and when awake. You are with me; I shall not fear.

A Christian Prayer by Thomas a Kempis
I offer up unto Thee my prayers and intercessions,for those especially who have in any matterhurt, grieved, or found fault with me,or who have done me any damage or displeasure.
For all those also whom, at any time,I may have vexed, troubled, burdened, and scandalized,by words or deeds, knowingly or in ignorance;that Thou wouldst grant us all equally pardon for our sinsand our offences against each other.
Take away from our hearts, O Lord,all suspiciousness, indignation, wrath, and contention,and whatsoever may hurt charity, and lessen brotherly love.
Have mercy, O Lord, have mercy on those that crave Thy mercy,give peace unto them that stand in need thereof,and make us such as that we may be worthy to enjoy Thy grace,and go forward to life eternal.
Amen.

A Sioux prayer
O our Father, the Sky, hear us and make us strong.
O our Mother, the Earth, hear us and give us support.
O Spirit of the East, send us your Wisdom.
O Spirit of the South, may we tread your path of life.
O Spirit of the West, may we always be ready for the long journey.
O Spirit of the North, purify us with your cleansing winds.


Traditional Buddhist Blessing and Healing Chant
Just as the soft rains fill the streams, pour into the rivers and join together in the oceans, so may the power of every moment of your goodness flow forth to awaken and heal all beings, Those here now, those gone before, those yet to come.
By the power of every moment of your goodness May your heart's wishes be soon fulfilled as completely shining as the bright full moon, as magically as by a wish-fulfilling gem.
By the power of every moment of your goodness May all dangers be averted and all disease be gone. May no obstacle come across your way. May you enjoy fulfillment and long life.
For all in whose heart dwells respect, who follow the wisdom and compassion of the Way, May your life prosper in the four blessings of old age, beauty, happiness and strength.



Yes, we all want healing....it is a common need of humanity. You can tell by these various petitions to a God who hears and in his wisdom....answers. May all of us be non-judgmental in the reading of these prayers........and may God find you healed this night...of all your diseases and distresses of this life.

Amen.

No comments: