Monday, December 28, 2009

Things I received for Christmas....



See that hurricane lamp up above in my "Rose of Sharon" header? Ya, that beautiful lamp with the candle lit up which was sitting so lovely atop our cabinet on Christmas Eve....that was from my Secret Santa at work. Isn't it cozy? I do love it ALOT!!! So thanks, secret Santa, whoever you are!!!


Some new picture frames. Perhaps one day you may be the (un)fortunate person who gets to hang it up in your office/home with one of my (in)famous camera pics in the middle of it!!! lol


Dill pickles and canned raspberries. My dear co-worker Twila, gave me a quart sealer of her famous dill pickles not to mention a pint of her marvelous raspberries. I will open the berries on a very "special" occasion....like Valentines Day or perhaps our anniversary. Thanks Twila!!! There is just something very special about receiving a gift that a person has put themselves into, don't you think!


Then my co-worker Carole, gave me a beautiful hand carved tree ornament from the West Bank in Israel. It was in the shape of a Christmas bell, carved out on one side with the Nativity scene in the middle. I hung it near the top of our tree and will admire it for many years to come...and think of her. Thanks for your thoughtfulness, Carole!


Another great co-worker Val, gave me a gorgeous glass tree angel with a snowflake for wings. She said it reminded her of me....who would have thought!!!!!???? I received it with much gratitude and thanked her for her love and friendship also. She is an angel to me........

Oh, and I received a gift certificate from Shananigan's Coffee Shop too. Someone will join me there one day and I shall treat them.


As well, my boss gave a gift certificate to the Bison Cafe. Very thoughtful and such good taste!!! And another co-worker gave us two "Chocolate Logs" with very expensive chocolates inside!! Yum.....


My good friend Eunice hand made a festive tree skirt a while back and it sat proudly around the base of our Christmas tree this year. I had the opportunity to thank her in person (and hug her too) when she handed it to me! Such thoughtfulness...for her to do that just for me. Even though we don't see one another much anymore, she remains a good and faithful friend...as always.

There were cards, and hugs and kisses and good wishes from family members. Those are the real things families are made of....not anything tangible....but things of the heart. Oh, it's great to receive material gifts of one sort or another....but receiving heartfelt words, to me, are just as meaningful....if not moreso.


I keep saying I am a blessed person.....and I am. How grateful I am to have family and friends who so generously give of themselves.....to me no less.......sometimes it's really difficult receiving that much love....but I accept it and take it into my heart which in turn, makes me a better person for having received a part of their lives.

That's how God's love goes too. He gives and gives and gives to us...and all we are required to do is to receive it....and it makes us better people.
So, I know I am a much better person this Christmas because of love....and bigger too....but that has to do with over-eating.:-(

No comments: