Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy Pi Day....


In honor of all you mathemeticians out there, of which I am not a part....."Happy Pi Day".  Here is a general definition of Pi...which we all learned in physics.  The symbol above indicates this mathmatical ratio.

"Mathematics enthusiasts will this weekend be celebrating Pi day, which falls on 14 March in honour of the famous ratio's first few digits, 3.14. You probably know that pi is the circumference of a circle divided by its diameter."  And in case you didn't, well, now you do.

It makes me happy to think that there are actually people who think in these complicated numerical spheres and that I don't have to be a member.  But, good on ya'...all you smart folks.  The only pi I can think about is lemon merangue.

Oh, and it's also my good friend, Linea's birthday today.:-)

1 comment:

Linea said...

That's funny, isn't it - I mean that mathematicians think in terms of having a day for a symbol.

And in Greek, one thing I learned was that it is actually pronounced "pee" - at least in ancient Greek.

What's funniest is that such a non-mathematician was born on a math symbol day.