Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tulips and a friend....



A few weeks back there were tulips at the front of the altar at church.  They were beautiful and amazingly bright....just like the lady holding them in this pic.

This is Win.  I consider her a dear friend.  We don't do as many things together as I'd  like but whenever we connect, usually on Sunday morning, we chat about our week, about our children and we laugh alot.  Win had been a teacher all her life and it shows....still.  She is deliberate in her speech, she asks questions of you that makes you feel like your life is important and that she cares about you.  I like those qualities in her.  She's also a very gentle and kind individual with a crazy sense of humor.  I love her....

Just another example of how age really isn't a factor in a friendship.   It's good to have friends of all ages.  It keeps one up on things of the day as well as being sensitive to those entering new phases of life.

Win is someone I look up to and I pray God would bless her immeasurably with good health in these days....

No comments: