Sunday, July 25, 2010

A family came for a visit.....

It was really good to finally meet them too.  I knew they were in the neighborhood but just didn't get an opportunity to get them over.  I really like it too when neighbors just pop in for a visit while passing by.  I had never met them but I had heard them all playing and having all kinds of fun for the past several weeks.  I had seen their mom and dad pass by several times but never really had an opportunity for any type of communication. 

So the noise these kids were making reminded me of when our family had friends over and everyone would be playing out in the back yard....all of a sudden you'd hear some screeching and squawking about something someone didn't like and I'm sure their noise could be heard down the block!!!  When I looked out, one had the other one down on it's belly and was biting and yelling something.  Their mom scolded them...I could hear her, so she made the one who misbehaved sit at the table for a time out.  Another one found the water and managed to actually have a drink....but not for long....too much playing to do!!!

Anyway these neighborhood kids had a great time in our back yard yesterday.  Their mom just kind of let them go to it....she was a bit shy and stayed by the back fence.  I just chatted to her from where I was by the back door.  Meanwhile the kids just played hard.  I really couldn't tell them apart either.  I think they had their mother's genes because they all certainly looked like her.  They could have been triplets I suppose but I really didn't want to ask.  So, like a good neighbor, I asked them to stay put while I went to get my camera.  While I slipped back into the house I could hear them being very exuberant and quite loud about something.  I turned on my camera and started clicking so I could get some action shots of them playing and such.  When I started snapping the camera they got really silly....just like most kids do.  One of them tried swinging on the bird feeder pole while another one finally played out and just sat there and started killing bugs.  A little less energy required for that pastime!

Hope you enjoy these.  From what I heard, their mom had a great time too.  I think they'll be back....probably much sooner than later. But you just never know.....perhaps next time I'll offer them some snacks....kids are always hungry...and thirsty!!!  They just live next door.

















This particular family also have had me up early for the past several weeks.  They don't know much about our noise bylaws!  I did mention it to their mother though.

Our family, on the other hand, has once again flown the coop.  Matt left this morning after a wonderful week of him being home and helping us in every possible way....helping his sister move, mowing our lawn, picking weeds, cooking, fixing my computer, and just being a great and helpful guy.  We miss him so much when he leaves....but are blessed by his presence.

Off once again....to Winnipeg....

in his new, old car....hope he opened his eyes after he shut the door!!!

So, now that everyone has left, it's just me and husband..........;-)

No comments: