Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Babysitting....

Oh, the joys.

Our friend is leaving for a vacation with her husband but wants us to look after her little fellow, Allan.  These two deserve a vacation alone!

The little guy is really sweet, good natured, always happy.....so it looks like it will be a piece of cake.

It's not like he will eat us out of house and home either. He's quite the picky little eater.  Only likes "certain" foods.

He's used to being on a schedule too, so that should make it all bearable.

He's been kind of just wandering around looking things over.  He hasn't complained or even shed a tear.....yet.  He'll just have to get used to his surroundings for a time.  It shouldn't take long, I'm thinking.

Gee!  I haven't babysat for ever-so-long.  This will get me back in the ole' groove.

When I look into his huge dark eyes, I just want to give him a big kiss and tell him his mommy will be back very soon.  But he just isn't the cuddly, kissing type either.

Besides.....

neither my co-worker Twila, or I feel like it would be good to kiss Al, the Fighting Fish on his lips.



He'll have to be satisfied with just our presence in the office while he swims about and enjoys seeing us pass by now and then.  We certainly don't want to spoil him but he's just so cute...how can we not?!!!!

I really hope he doesn't croak while his mom and dad are away.

The things we do for friends, eh????

No comments: