Monday, September 6, 2010

More thinking....

There really is so much to think about these days.  Life...where I'm heading as a person, as a Christian, as a member of a family, as a part of a church community.  All these things I know, are interwoven to somehow make us who we appear to be.  But what if there was more?  More of something I don't see or even know exists?  What if I have been missing out on things....important things.... What if I am more of a person than even I realize?  Why do I hear about the important issues of life that have been offered to me during a Sunday morning sermon and I go home and do absolutely nothing about them?  I listen to the words of Christ as they are preached "give up everything and follow me"...."if you don't make me first, you can't be my disciple".....Now I need to "hear" those words...not just listen to them.  They need to make a difference in my life, in who I am, in how I can change the world around me for good.  Jesus was a perfect example of how to do this as he went about his ministry.  Words.....and actions.....need to converge.

Between thinking on these things and preparing for Sunday, I managed to get a feel for the day that is happening outside....


Our poor red truck has to stay outside the property as there is no parking room for him inside the walls.

Keep dry......more rain is on the way later this week!

No comments: