Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sounds of the night....

I had managed to open the bedroom window a bit during the night.  This is a lovely warm building. Some time later we were awakened by someone on the street screaming at the top of their lungs.  It was a horrible, devilish, moaning scream.  I got up and looked out.  A young fellow with longish black hair, wearing a white T-shirt and dark pants stood on the sidewalk across the street yelling.  He kept saying "it's too much...it's too much"....from his sound, it was too much of whatever he took into his body and it was making him into a fiendish mass of humanity.

I felt sorry for him.  Sorry because this was his way of living, and perhaps he knew nothing different.  I most likely should have called someone to come to his rescue...police...ambulance....but he took off down the street running.  Not sure where he ended up or how.

The city is full of this kind of drug abuse......full of disillusionment, hopelessness and lives that are continually making wrong decisions about how to live.

What, I wonder, do parents teach their children.  I believe there is a great lack of parental instruction for these young people and they grow up aimless, lost and victims of their lack of upbringing.  Tragic.

Where is Prince Albert headed, I do wonder....

No comments: