Monday, October 25, 2010

A productive day...

At work it was busy.  Letters to be typed, merged, mailed.  Items to be ordered for various people.  Guest list to keep up-to-date for a farewell supper.  Emails to send and respond to.  People who needed to be heard and encouraged.

And then husband had a chicken Caesar salad all prepared when I got home, complete with a slice of garlic toast.  Yum! And that was after he made 15 jars of home made peach jam!

Following supper, for me it was baking for the sale this coming weekend, while husband had a committee meeting to chair and attend.

Here are some visible results of our labors today...I hope it makes you want to come to the sale too!  Gateway Covenant - 15th and 15th east - 10 - 2 this Saturday!  Baking AND crafts...and lunch too if you want an excellent lunch for a reasonable price!

Anyway, I thought these looked pretty tantalizing....Christmas Cherry Bars with almond icing. A family favorite!

I could chomp down a few of these...in no time!

Husband's peach jam...all ready for toast.

I do think we make a pretty good team.  He buys the ingredients for my baking and I write up the labels that go on his preserves.:)

2 comments:

matt said...

Hmm, sounds like a good partnership:)

Sharon Kent said...

I certainly think so, too;)