Saturday, November 27, 2010

Doin' the shuffle....

That's what I did today as we went from one place to another.  I was slow but managed to get to where I wanted to go without too much attention being drawn to my shuffling self....I think.

I went back to one store to see if they had two more picture frames the same as the one I had purchased several weeks ago.  When the one was bought, there were several there.  Today...not a one.  So, I went to a different store and purchased two the same size overall but a bit different matting and frame.  They work.

The next thing was to put them together with the right kind of picture for the frame, which I did.

Then came husband's work.  The attempting to get the two new frames to fit exactly on either side of the one that was already on the wall.  Oh my.  Let's just say....it was an interesting time.  All three are now on the wall however they ended up.  We won't change them now!!!  They look pretty fine actually.  Two of the pictures are Matt's of India and Nepal and one is mine of Waskesiu.

In between times there was the usual house cleaning and a bit of laundry.  This kind of thing has been curtailed somewhat of late with the back thing happening.  Still sore but at least I got to leave the apartment for a bit today. 

Oh, and I won the door prize at St. Mark's Bazaar.  WOW!  A great basket full of everything from various types of chocolates to specialty coffee....plus a mug, Christmas napkins, Christmas tea towel, hot chocolate, cherry pie filling, pitted black olives, creamy spinach dip, Kraft dinner and wine...plus much more!!!  I was so excited I didn't even take a picture of it.  Many of our neighbors in the apartment complex make their church home at St. Mark's, so we went and bought up plenty of things which would constitute being a good neighbor!  It was great!

And now to the theatre with Shannon and Brittney.  We're going to see "Morning Glory" with Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton at.....get this......9:20 p.m.!!!  That's waaaaaaaay past my bed time.  And tomorrow I have to get my lazy butt out of bed by 7:15!!! We're having breakfast at church and it's the first Sunday in Advent!  Oh, the things we do for love.:)

Just hope and pray this back of mine holds out.....

No comments: