Tuesday, December 21, 2010

We're on a roll...

Literally.






Between Matt's adventures in bread making and my adventures in croissant making, we now have some food around this place.  A few more decorations were added to the tree along with some tinsel and it's looking good.

Tomorrow we need to do more shopping, attend a funeral, ice the croissants and wrap gifts.  The next day it's Matt's birthday....followed by Christmas Eve....then it's Christmas Day!

Tonight we had music practice for our Christmas Eve service.  Matt will play his guitar that evening too.  His abilities give our worship team a very nice depth and fullness and lends itself beautifully to the carols that are being sung.

If you have no place to go on Christmas Eve, stop by Gateway Covenant - 15th and 15th East at 7:30 p.m. and you will hear the Christmas Story in a new light.  There will be drama and music and readings and singing and many, many, many candles.  I believe it is the highlight of the entire church year, as far as loveliness goes. I shall help with the singing and Matt's music skills will be put to use, as well as many others...including our Brittney on flute and her friend, Emily on the djembe drum.  And to get us all in the mood, I figured it would be good to sing tonight.  How about.........Little Drummer Boy.....

"Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,


So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come.


Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,


Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?


Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum
I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,


Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum."

(Little Drummer Boy - composed by Katherine K. Davis, Henry Onorati
and Harry Simeone)

Good singing......:)

'Nite all.......

No comments: