Saturday, January 22, 2011

Annual Meeting and onward....

It was a very good Annual Meeting.  God showed up....this time I recognized him!

We are a small church but one who wants to go forward to become more healthy and more missional, I believe.

I'm beginning to get it.......that any change to move the church forward will have to start with me.  If we all said that, and we must, then we shall go forward with hope into the changes that must be made. 

One church member today said that there is far too much baggage that seems to come along with us when we attempt to move forward...and that must stop.

I agreed.

No baggage.

Nothing but our naked selves to be refined and molded and remade into a vessel that is useful in God's hands.  It's going to hurt....being refined in the Refiner's fire will always hurt but it will make us into something better than what we've been....if we allow it.

Another thing....our church just paid off it's mortgage.  We were told that the most difficult point in the life of a church is immediately after the mortgage debt has been paid off.  We can remain comfortable in our debt-less state or we can go forward into what God wants us to do...perhaps WITH more debt....who knows.  All I know is, that we must now move forward...no options.



Ready for the fire?

2 comments:

Matthew said...

I'm glad it was such a positive time. While I hope that the church, as a whole, continues to move forward, I also hope and trust that you will continue on, either way:)

I'm glad you recognized God! What was he wearing??? ;)

Sharon Kent said...

Yes, I shall continue on moving forward, to be sure.

He wore honesty and sorrow and pain and hope...all for Gateway. Quite fetching.