Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why should I be surprised....

that often my children are much more wise than I.

I get a sense of that during conversations I have with them. 

That bit of enlightenment tells me two things.

One.  That they have lived enough of life to capture some of the difficult lessons they have learned and are able to put these lessons to use to help themselves and others in a selfless and just manner.

And two.  That God has answered my prayers as a mother.

It can be a very humbling and praise-worthy revelation.

I have heard it said that the older one gets, the more wisdom one has to offer.  I pray that as they continue on their journey of life, more and more wisdom will be given to them so that they are able to continue to make sound judgements.

Oh, they make mistakes, like I and most folks do, but when all is said and done....I thank God for the wisdom they offer me....even when they don't realize it!  And no, we don't always agree and we sometimes have 'words', but we're a family, after all.

They are truly beautiful people, in every way...

Good 'nite....let's appreciate our children, while we are able.

1 comment:

matt said...

Well, I appreciate you, and the wisdom you offer, too:)