Monday, April 18, 2011

Now it's ultrasound...

My physio man, Travis, is still attempting to remove the bursitis/swelling from above my knee cap in an approximate 3 inch diameter area.  Quite the feat!  The bruising is still evident but not near as bad as three months ago!  Improvement is happening.

So, today he tried ultrasound on that particular area.  He will continue with this procedure again on Thursday.  Meanwhile, I continue to do my exercises to strengthen my entire right leg and hip...which, I'm finding, also includes my back.  Woe is me! 

I find it totally amazing that one small area of the body can cause so many difficulties in so many ways we function....walking, for instance.  This learning to walk again, is really creepy....not to mention humbling.:(

So, I look forward to the day when all will be "normal" again and one foot will go in front of the other with no pain, or wobbling or having to lean on something...when I can once more drive a vehicle or sit in one spot for longer than 10 minutes without pain happening, when I can take the stairs and even run...well, I won't get too greedy in my wishes....I'd go for a fast-paced walk:)

In the meantime, the weather is heating up and getting us all ready for...flowers and grass and leaves.  At our apartment, a very healthy growth of lovely yellow dandelions grace the front of our building.  It's color, at least!  And the snow continues to make it's humiliating exit.  Can't be too soon for me.  It just has no manners as to how long it should stick around....like an unwanted guest.

Have a great rest and dream of what's to come....




Celebrations are close at hand.

No comments: