Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding...

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge i.e. Prince William Arthur Philip Louis of Wales (I heard one commentator call him) and Catherine Elizabeth Middleton were married today.  I arose at 5:30 or so as I couldn't sleep.  Managed to see the "balcony kiss" live!  Throughout the day the highlights were shown again and again but never did manage to see the whole entire wedding ceremony repeated..

The table was set with my fine Petite-Point China that had been my grandmothers and I retrieved some fancy napkins from the cupboard.

As everyone else seemed busy with other things, granddaughter and I sat together and enjoyed the wedding highlights and ate a very British breakfast.

I baked fresh scones which we ate hot with jam and butter.  Good coffee too. 

I took pictures.  I lost those pictures.  Somehow.  But the table with Brittney sitting at it, China cup in hand and sitting tall and beautiful will be forever seared in my memory.  We sat and watched more of the same in the evening.  It was good to be able to share the Royal Wedding Day....with her.

No pictures....but memories will have to suffice.

May God watch over Will and Kate....until death they do part.

No comments: