Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What else is new???

It was a physio day!!!  Knee swollen again and he had to massage the liquid out.  The pain of it all:(

I was discouraged.  NO exercising!  Ice knee 3 times a day!! Elevate leg!!!  Use leg brace for walking!!!!!!!!!!

I felt like crying.

But then I got to thinking about our friend, Ernie....and my discouragement quickly faded.

A bunch of church folk  have offered to sit with him at home for a few hours each day...one or two people at a time.  His wife needs a break.  I keep thinking of what it must be like to be living my last days...but we have been praying that he has no pain and.....he doesn't.  Just sleeps...and sleeps. God watches over him, I know.

Brain cancer is a wretched thing.

So tonight I shall be thankful for today.  It was a day where I sat outside  for a bit with granddaughter in the plus 20 degrees and enjoyed a few rays and her blessed company where she took my mind off my misery....while husband ran errands. 

Poor Ken has another bout of Bell's Palsy now too.  This time it's the right side of his face that is affected.

We're a great pair!  Yes, we are...

 May long weekend '09 Waskesiu.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Keep up the good work! I know it gets discouraging so I'm glad you can direct some attention to the things to be grateful for:)

Sharon Kent said...

Thanks dear.