Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bouncy ball, bummer knee and birds....

Ever sit on one of those huge inflatable balls?  That was my workout at physio today.  I had to sit on the ball with my good left leg up and attempt to balance there with only my bad right leg.  Knee is now very sore!  But I did it!  Very wobbly but I managed to balance for about 15 seconds without holding on to anything.

Then I had to make like a drunken sailor and attempt to walk a straight line...one foot ahead of the other.  That was pretty funny...I had to laugh at myself with that one.  I found though that the faster I went, the better I could do it...until I nearly fell over, that is.

My physio man, Travis, said that if the knee was sore and aching tomorrow, that I should at least take my cane with me to work.  So, perhaps I shall do that.  I've been trying hard not to but I'm seeing that this is going to take so much longer than I ever thought, so I shall go at things gradually and that may mean using my cane for a bit longer yet.

A friend of ours joined Ken and I for supper tonight as he will be moving away to Edmonton this summer.  We enjoyed his visit as he spoke of "birding" and traveling and photography and what he hoped his life will look like in a few short months from now.  We are sorry that he is leaving.

We got talking about various types of birds and species and sub-species and color phases and characteristics of various types of birds.  All so interesting.

I like birds! (click on pics)


















Birds really are beautiful!!!

No comments: