Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm packing....

My suitcase is in storage at a friend's garage but I've begun to get my clothes in piles.  Vacation only happens once a year....in this case, once in two years....so it's exciting to be going out of town for a time.

Jeans.
Shorts.
Sweats.
T-shirts
Long shirts.
Bathing suits.
Hoodies.
and the all-important pile of
SWEATERS!!!

Yes, I know all too well how the weather in Saskatchewan can go from a +30C to a +3C in the blink of an eye and with no apology either!

Two years ago at Waskesiu it rained off and on for the six weeks we were there....mostly on.

So the guest bedroom will be home to my piles of clothes for the next few days while we get organized enough to retrieve those suitcases. 

And my knee decided to cause me no end of trouble yesterday and today.  Not sure why, other than getting back into doing more physical stuff which causes it a bit of stress on an already stressed tendon.  But that is the route that must be taken.  And I have begun to really believe the saying "no pain...no gain"!!:(   One day I'm taking off down the apartment steps only holding on to the railing, patting myself on the back for this great accomplishment and the next day I'm back to one step at a time with both feet on each step. I just can't seem to hurry up this healing process. 

The sun is shining now and it may be the last time we see it for a while, according to the forecast.  Hence, Ken, Charlie and Bob K. got to cutting the lawn at the church this afternoon and probably just in time!

Now I'm off to get a pen and paper and begin my written list of "things to bring".

Suntan lotion.
Bug spray.
Flashlight.
Battery charger.
Books.
Games.
My own Pillow!

That's a start!

Sleep well, friends.





No comments: