Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The rose....

I've seen an advertisement on OASIS hd channel that there will be a program about 'The Rose'.  It's going to be sometime in the next week.  Of all shows to have when I'm going to be away.  I can't imagine how beautiful that show is going to be!  I know they repeat shows too on channel 471 so perhaps I shall catch it when I get back home.  Dang.  I sure do hope so. Of all the flowers in God's great creation, I am smitten by that one in particular.

I love all flowers.  The ones that grow in jungles, or grasslands or mountain sides, forests or tundra....all of them are beautiful, delicate, intricate and most often, scented.  I know I sound like a broken record but don't just look at a flower, LOOK at a flower.  The way the petals sit or how the stem holds the calyx (the many green sepals at the bottom of the flower).  Then there's the stamen (the male parts) and the pistil (the female parts)...all readying themselves for an insect or whatever to come and pollinate them so they can reproduce.  I suppose I should have been a botanist.  Think when I retire, that would be one terrific hobby...learning more about flowers in general.  Orchids are amazing too.  Or a Bird of Paradise.

But the rose....well, as they say...a rose....is a rose....is a rose......







Beauty....

No comments: