Thursday, June 2, 2011

WCB....

Now that I've been on Workers Compensation with my banged up knee, I have learned ever-so-many things about...bureaucracy, human nature, and how to appreciate WCB information...which is most often helpful. 

There are times though when I come away from a WCB conversation wondering.

Today I came away wondering if my case worker knows more than my doctor and physiotherapist put together.  She seems to have all the right answers and makes assumptions about my knee according to WCB policy.  Very strange indeed.  Very helpful too, though.  Don't get me wrong.  She knows her stuff inside and out and I think even beyond.

I came away today feeling somewhat intimidated as she expressed the thought that this knee of mine should be so much better than it really is.  Not sure what that was about but I think I may have to have another discussion with her about what she was trying to say.

Anyway, the only person, besides the doctor, surgeon and physiotherapist that knows my knee is ME!  I know when it's sore and unmanageable.  I know when it starts to twitch inside and becomes painful and achy. I know that I simply can't do stairs or kneel down or squat much and when I attempt to do these things too much the knee just gets worse, not better.  I know me best!

We shall see how it comes along in the next weeks.  When I think of how far I have come, I should be quite pleased....so why am I not pleased?  I just felt intimidated today...guess that's why.  I'm trying so hard to get better but days like today leave me feeling like I'm not doing enough...or not doing my part.

I must stop those feelings before they take hold!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

If you're making noble effort to get well then you're doing your part. And you're right, ultimately, that no one knows how your knee feels more than you, though it's helpful to have people like doctors and physiotherapists inform us more fully about how to interpret our injuries and such.

Don't let the WCB get you down! Haha.