Monday, July 25, 2011

Mist...

I love mists.  To me, they are mysterious and intriguing.  Rarely do I think about what mists really are because I believe that would take away their mystery!  After all, who wants to go around saying "Looks like the clouds have sunken a bit today!"  I would far rather think of them as a veil between you and another dimension.  It sounds so much more romantic that way:)

We did see some misty days at Waskesiu.  It is really difficult to capture it all because it means, of course, that out I go into the elements....with my camera...which shouldn't get wet if I wish it to function properly.

But I go anyway.

 Mist rising from a hot day on the Narrows Road.
 It rained hard but it looked like mist on the lake...so beautiful.
(Through the car windshield...rain was just too intense!)

 Misty rain on the road leading into the Heart Lakes.
 Heart Lakes road.
A road...somewhere:)

Through all the misty days of my life, I find it awfully difficult at times, to remember that above the mist and clouds, the sun shines!  When I keep my mind focused on not being able to see fully and clearly through the mists of life, I can't possibly see anything but bleakness and gray.  So I must make a conscious effort to remind myself that there is a sun shining brightly in a blue sky...just above that mist!  It is also up to me to appreciate the mist for what it is...temporary....yet beautiful.

I trust that the sun will shine through the mists of your life today...

Oh....and, Happy Birthday, Carman!  I pray your days this year will be super sunny!

No comments: