Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wheeeewwwwww...

Conversations with son are always stimulating as well as provocative.  Sometimes we come at things from different perspectives. When we discuss philosophy or religion I feel like we are in different spheres...or kind of like I am a grizzly bear and he is an eagle....I see things from the ground while he flies above it and sees far beyond the mountains....having some things in common like eating and loving fish but....we just go about fishing in a different manner.  Make sense?!

Ya.  I'm beginning to understand a bit about how he is thinking and it challenges me to think "outside the box".  New philosophical thoughts are always difficult for me to grasp.

So, it was two hours of dialogue to varying degrees.

Interesting....so interesting....

He's out to be a source of light and change in the world.  May God be that Source, as he goes.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Ha, I like that metaphor! I'm not an eagle, though. Perhaps a squirrel or beaver at best...I'm not THAT high;)

Just remember that the process that brought me to where I am had many bumps and challenges along the way, that it didn't come easy for me, either, and it took a long time!

I very much appreciate your interest and engagement in these discussions and your willingness to create space in yourself for new possibilities, to whatever degree. That's always more important than where we happen to be, as our openness and willingness to grow is what determines whether we'll keep growing with consistency.

So even if you don't see everything from the same place or agree with all I think you're moving in the right direction!

Sharon Kent said...

:)
I still think you're an eagle....