Saturday, October 22, 2011

The remains of the day...

Say, that's the name of an exceptional movie staring Anthony Hopkins...a must see!!!!

After a good day, I find myself in somewhat of a melancholy mood.  The stress of the past week is over and I find myself appreciating the "little" things in life again....good health, my family close to me (most of them!), driving to Elk Ridge for breakfast, seeing the tamaracks in their yellow coats, having coffee with a good friend, animals wandering about, the hues of autumn becoming less and less vivid....and the warm, brilliant sun in a soft blue sky.  I appreciate these things so much!  God has been merciful to me!

During my day I also took time to remember folks who are suffering and sick and recovering from illnesses. May God in his wisdom have mercy on each of them.  Life isn't always a bowl of cherries; sometimes it has a few chunks of rotten peaches and pears thrown into the mix.  But we take the good and discard the bad and we still have a pretty good fruit salad!

The sun is beginning it's decent as winter approaches.  The shadows are much longer...only 60 days until the shortest day.  But the building where I work is constantly displaying those beautiful shadows which I attempted to capture Friday morning as the sun rose.


Then this morning we headed to Elk Ridge for breakfast.  A co-worker's sister was being married there today as well.  The chairs were all set for their big event.


On our way back we stopped to watch this foxy fellow with his enormous bushy tail.

It was a very good day.  I pray you may say the same....

No comments: