Monday, October 3, 2011

A week of thanksgiving...

I'm attempting to be thankful for various things as I progress through my week...in anticipation of the coming weekend...Thanksgiving.

It all boils down to people.  Oh, I can be thankful for my job, my beat up old vehicle I drive to get me from point A to point B, my coat to keep me warm, water to drink and food to eat.

But when all is said and done and the dust settles on the ole' parched prairie, there really is only one major thing to be thankful for.....family....friends....people.

I wonder how many times I've blogged on this very subject, the one on "relationships".  Probably too many to count and yet I keep saying it over and over again...if we don't have relationships with others, we really don't have much.  When I'm pushing up daisies under the shade of the ole' pine tree, I hope I will have left this place knowing my life made a difference (in a good way) to at least one person.  Not much to ask.  But I could be a positive influence to that one person, and if that person left earth the same way, having a positive relationship with another person and it just kept on and on, that would be very good.  That must be how we make the world a better place, by leaving a legacy of something positive.  Just leave all those mean, negative, selfish things behind!

So, today I shall be thankful for the people in my life.  I am a truly blessed person because of them....and so, I thank God for each of them.

No comments: