Friday, December 23, 2011

Gifts...

I've been getting many gifts lately.  My friend Tracy, gave me an angelic soap figurine scented with 'candy cane'. I received a bouquet of roses for my birthday from my supervisor, Penny and the big boss, Bob.  Three co-workers sang me the birthday song, my co-worker gave me a humungous box of truffles PLUS a quart of her infamous home-made dill pickles.  My children gave me two jars of Body Shop body butter, Kris Kringle popped into my Santa stocking at work $20 worth of gift certificates.  Another co-worker gave me vanilla scented bath salts for Christmas, one fellow gave us Belgian chocolates, another a huge box of truffles, Managers gave us truffles too.....and another co-worker made me a beautiful black, white and silver scarf (who thanked me for being her mom all these years!).  My Secret Santa plied me with delicious sweets each morning and ended up giving me a beautifully hand-crafted Intarsia box with a butterfly on the lid!


Ya, the list just goes on and on.  I feel as though Christmas has already happened:)

Makes one feel a bit special....:)  not to mention thankful for having such faithful friendships.

Today it was Matthew's birthday...28th birthday!  We went for breakfast together and had a rib/shrimp/lobster home cooked supper for him complete with lemon and whipped cream cake for dessert.  Pa and I stayed home while the youngins' went to "Mission Impossible".  Sitting through that would have been a mission impossible in itself!

And tomorrow is Christmas Eve.  Another round of good, family fun and eating and talking and eating some more....with several cups of tea in between.  Candle Light service at 7:30 PM at church...Gateway Covenant, if you want to join us...15th and 15th East.

Think it's almost time for bed.  Jellied salad prep in the morning!

Jesus....where are you??????  Please don't get lost in all the packages!

No comments: