Saturday, December 10, 2011

Opposites and splashes of red.....

I'm thinking of my two grown children this night.

One is at a staff party where there will be fun, chatter, great food, smoothe drinks, and most likely a great deal of laughter and frivolity as they celebrate the season together.

The other is a very long way away, sitting alone, no chatter, not much food, just water and entering into a time of deep meditation...a 24 hour meditation marathon.

Both of them making individual choices of where they want to be in life and with whom and how they will go about doing those things.

It's sometimes difficult watching, but I trust their judgment in what they are choosing.  I think both of them have a great deal of maturity in dealing with life so in that, I can relax a bit:)

It's been a day of baking in our place today.  Five fruit cakes (with brandy), four iced cherry almond cakes, three cherry bars, one pineapple square.....and a partridge in a pear tree.....heeheehee

I'm pooped and am off to dream land with visions of sugarplums dancing in my head......

Hohohohoho.....

Decorations are going up too...and cleaning...and vacuuming....ya, the list just goes on...and on...and on....

No comments: