Tuesday, February 7, 2012

129 days....

What does one do with 129 days?

Eat.  Work.  Sleep.  Talk.  Listen.  Pray...  Think.  Dream.  Live life......

I like to believe I actually HAVE 129 days to do all the aforementioned.

What if I DID NOT have those 129 days to do all the aforementioned.

So, I'm taking the attitude that I WILL have at least 129 days left before I retire from my position with the Government of Saskatchewan....and many more days after that, I pray!

During my past several days off, I thought about making that decision but not fully coming to that end result.  I would think about it, and mention it to husband and ask what he thought and then think again.  I came to the conclusion that time WITH family is more important than attempting to grab a few extra bucks from my job.

Today, I handed in my letter of resignation.  Formal stuff.  Emotional stuff.  Giddy stuff.

I know I'll miss my work family a whole lot, but there are times when even family members move on to different places and responsibilities.  They simply move on....

That's what I shall do...move on.  June 15th will be my last working day and I say that with a bitter-sweet feeling of longing and fear.  Longing to experience the next phase of my life and fear of the unknown...health wise and financially...both can be quite scary variables. 

So, here's to my retirement!  Long may it reign!







I shall miss all the people that enter that door and those that stand by my desk and those who sit and have a chat.....because, when all is said and done, it's not the job....it's the people that make life worth living!

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Genuinely stepping fully into the unknown may just be the most challenging task we can undertake. Maybe we will both do that some day?

Sharon Kent said...

I do believe you are right...perhaps on both accounts:)