Friday, March 9, 2012

Another day....

It was "tasky" today at work.  I've been doing a lot of throwing and cleaning up of old files, papers, things that tend to just sit around and collect dust.  No sense having the next person having to do all that!  Although when a person leaves, everything gets cleaned again and changed around to make that spot their own.  But I'll do as much as I can so it won't be such a burden on the person coming to my little corner.

While I cleaned I listened to an "Oldie" radio station.  Now, "oldie" is pretty dependent upon who's listening.  I was listening to '60's and '70's music but really to me, that term more represents '40's and '50's music.  Actually, I like all of it!  I know I'm beginning to sound like my parents when I say that I really can't get into the music of today...most of it at least.  I'm stuck back in my mother's era...big band stuff, Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Elvis, etc. etc.

When I got home, I took to this computer with a vengeance, backing up picture files for when my new and improved computer comes in a week or so.  I shall call it a "retirement gift" to myself...a much needed one too.  That and a used laptop and I'll be good to go.  The only thing I don't like about it all is learning where everything is again and how to get this and that working.  Bother!  But, hey....all I will have is time after I retire to figure it all out.  And who know, I may have to call on some really nice techy-types to help me out now and then.

Off to bed with some good tunes replaying over and over in my head.....maybe I'll dream I can play an instrument...that would be grand!  Nite all....

No comments: