Monday, March 5, 2012

A talk....

I had talks on several fronts today.  With individuals one-on-one.  With a few folks together. Plus a few talks with myself...which was quite encouraging.  I didn't speak to myself out loud though for fear of reprisal....from me:) 

I had a most encouraging email from a co-worker.  She said how much she appreciated me and that she loved me.  I think it is a great compliment when someone takes the time to express their true feelings.  It was of great encouragement to me....'cause she's kind of "my girl"....

I had several conversations with folks who have returned recently from trips to the sunny south. I love to hear of their time away, the cultural experiences they had, weather, "best parts" of their trips, the economics of the countries and backgrounds.  You can certainly learn a great deal from folks who have gone to other places!  I enjoy that...and it's a free trip for me:)

Another conversation was with a co-worker about beliefs and perspectives and thoughts and insights.  He and I often speak of these kinds of things.  I do think we have a great deal in common regarding spirituality and life in general.  He has taught me a great deal about not being afraid of thinking outside the box in matters of the Spirit and God.  He is a good friend.  He gave me a great big hug at the end of it all...one spirit connecting to another in respect and understanding.  I like that!

You see, these are the kinds of things I will miss when I leave my "work place".  Yes, I actually manage to get my work done too!  But it seems as if these last days (100 days left tomorrow) are to be special.  They will be moments in days where a part of me will be left with people...and parts of them will come with me on the next part of my life's journey.  It's not easy leaving family behind but that is what happens when we do leave.  It won't be just me that leaves...I will take varying degrees of 70 plus other folks with me.  That's kind of exciting!  I'm sure I shall be talking more about this retirement thing as the day actually approaches.  They asked me if I wanted a party!!!!!  I said that I certainly DO want a party.  I want my retirement day to be just as exciting for everyone else as it will be for me and if that means getting everyone together...whether they like me or not.....but to actually have a time where we can visit and laugh and enjoy each others company and share stories and hopefully have many folks attend who have retired as well, then that is what we shall do! Those are precious times.  And the older I get, the more I realize just how precious these times become, where memories are seared into our brains for future reference!

So, ya....a party we shall have.  I really hope my children will be able to attend too.  It will be a bit like two families joining together (work family and home family), kind of like a wedding.  One family really doesn't know the other but the bride knows both very well and will attempt to get both families knowing one another really quickly....for an entire evening.  Sounds like a whole lot of fun to me!

And the day was topped off with an hour and a half Skype conversation with Matthew.  So...very...good...

Life is sweet.

Now to get husband's blood pressure down before summer...trying new medications.  I think we will be taking the "losing weight" task very seriously in the days ahead.

I'll keep you posted.....on all fronts!

Sleep well my friends.  It's supposed to....ahhhhhh......s...n...o...w....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow shoes on sale this weekend to help your hubby ;-)


Guess who!

Sharon Kent said...

I guessed.....:) You're so funny!