Sunday, April 22, 2012

That was much too fast....

And I'm not talking sex here folks!

It's the weekend I'm talkin' about!  One thing after another happens all weekend long and poof..it's Sunday evening.  Sundays are always exceptionally busy with worship practice starting at 8:30 AM and it's just like a steam roller after that until we get home.  All good, mind you. 

Today was wonderful.  We had a potluck dinner after church to honor our dear friend, Win, who's moving to Alberta this week.  I'll post  some pictures when my desk top comes home again.  She is like my mom/sister....not sure which.  She's much younger than she is, if you know what I mean.  She relates well to all generations and proved that today.  She wanted one of my pictures for a keepsake so she picked out a few the other night when she was over and asked me to pick one out for her.  Naturally, I chose the one from Prospect Point at Waskesiu!  She loved it.  I put it in a rich-looking wooden frame without matting and it looked pretty fine...most importantly, she thought it did.  We ate together and enjoyed a good afternoon!

Son just Skyped from Winnipeg.  His tree planting boss is picking him up in the morning to head southeast of Winnipeg to get the job done.  He's hoping to make some good cash.  He also said it will be strange being the 'senior' person in the tree planting entourage...but along with being the senior, you get to stay in a hotel (as opposed to tenting).  Although tenting will be done on the next job in a few weeks from now.  Good thing he likes the outdoors!  I told him to take along a bear bell.....as opposed to a barbell.....is there such a thing????:)

So, it's work again in the morning.  Can't believe I have only 7 or so more work Mondays to endure!

Tomorrow we are having a BBQ at daughter's....yay!  Supposed to be "hot" tomorrow too!

Hope you're all sleeping with those windows wide open and enjoying the spring smells and sounds (cars screeching, tires peeling, people yelling....ya, the stuff that spring in P.A. is made of).

No comments: