Sunday, April 1, 2012

That's rain!!!

I wore sandals to church.  I couldn't help myself.  It's April!!!  But it turned out to be a joke of sorts on my part.  We were invited out after church by a very special lady.  She has always been very special to us so the fact that we were invited by her to share a meal out, meant a great deal to us.  So it was a matter of walking through the pouring rain through the parking lot with my sandals and then through the mall parking lot while the rain drenched us both....and my poor sandaled feet!

But the company during lunch was worth being wet for.  We chatted and caught up and shared our children's lives a bit.  She is one of the most encouraging people I know and I feel I have learned so much from her over the years of our friendship.  She was a teacher in her profession...an excellent teacher too!

She told us her news too, about moving away to be closer to her family.  She felt it was the right time. So, she will be gone from P.A. by the end of April.

Another person leaving my life.  Seems like that is what life really is about isn't it?  Either us leaving variouis people or others leaving us....not forever or anything, although it may just be that too.  We are constantly in flux...moving, changing, learning, preparing, coming and going.  We really should never become too comfortable because change is inevitable.  Our friend will be making some great changes too but knowing her, she will continue to be the great encouragerer to others as she has been to us.

May the Lord bless her and keep her, the Lord make his face to shine on her and be gracious to her, may the Lord turn his face toward her and give her peace....

And may the rain of this day wash away our sorrows as we face this "leaving" thing...once more.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

"We are constantly in flux...moving, changing, learning, preparing, coming and going. We really should never become too comfortable because change is inevitable."

Now, what would life be like if we became more comfortable with change than with things staying the same? I think that has some potential:)