Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Look what I can do!...

It's the middle of the day...and I can blog to my heart's content.  Now, this may not appear to be a very significant thing to you, but it is to me.  I'm outside of my normal structure.  I've bounded out of my confined 8 to 5 norm and I'm able to be free....free.....freeeeeeeeeeeeee......

Well, until 3 PM when Kid's Klub will need helpers.  Then off we go to help feed and structure and love the neighborhood children.  It's quite an undertaking actually.  But we, as a church, are attempting to be a vital part of their lives while we are able and have resources to do this.  We are making this a priority, a ministry of love, so to speak, to children who live within a stones throw of the church building.  What is "the church" anyway, if it isn't a source of love to their neighbors?  Jesus said we should be doing things like that, and so we love.

It is a bit of fun then, to actually be doing things on my own schedule.  For a while there, I was getting a little insecure and afraid of not being able to be me in my new place in life.  But I think (today), I shall get the hang of it and venture beyond the limits that had been set out for me for the past 40 years.  Now, I can, in some respects, make my own schedule, which undoubtedly involves husband too.  I look around and see many, many women who are without their spouses and I become very thankful that Ken and I are able to do things together and talk about various life matters...together.  I have not yet (and perhaps I never will) enter into the single person setting.  Not sure I would like it either...but we take in life what is laid out before us and make the best of things.

Here are a few more pictures I took with my "Big Shot"!

She just sat there...immovable...protecting her nest!

Mr. Camp Man with his protective head gear:)

My lovely.....enjoying the sun.

Beauty in a field..

He was only 3 or 4 inches long but could he move!

"For velvet removal, I would suggest the strong but willowy...willow tree."

"If I dance a bit, they won't see my children hiding in the reeds."

Another Waskesiu sunset on a hazy evening.

So, that's a blog post from mid-afternoon in the Kent household.  Cooooooool.....



1 comment:

Shannon said...

I really like picture #4 a lot. That's a nice shot of dad too.