Saturday, December 8, 2012

Twenty-five pounds would do it...

That's what husband said to me (I think mimicking me saying that to him) after I was up and down the step ladder a dozen or more times decorating the house, trimming the tree and readying the house for the festive Christmas season.  And he was right.  Twenty-five pounds or more would certainly add to the ease of manner in which much energy is used...I'm sure I sweat off several pounds in the middle of it all...well, perhaps a pound anyway.

We then sat and looked at the tree, wondering how many more Christmases we would have with our children actually present.  We are spoiled, I know.  We have never, ever spent a Christmas alone.  I wonder what it would be like?  Perhaps we would be more inclined to do a bit more reaching out to others in their aloneness too.  Not sure.  It will happen though...I'm just not quite ready for it.  So we shall enjoy this Christmas together as it may be one of the last...who's to know.  Life is full of surprises.

It's difficult taking a picture of the tree as it twinkles...but here's a glimpse of what she looks like...Miss Fancy Fraser Fir....in all her splendor!


Perhaps next year's Christmas decorating frenzy will be had without losing an ounce!  Cheers!

No comments: