Friday, September 7, 2007

Excitement.

Yes, excitement is rising in our home. There are signs everywhere. Little and sometimes long conversations on the phone. I here him talking downstairs in "his room". Various articles of clothing begin to pile up. Maps are studied.....more phone calls. Getting presents ready to offer the hosts, some sausage, some wine..............

Yes. My fellow Canadians. It is hunting time in Saskatchewan.

Husband is beginning his yearly ritual. The hunt.

Look out all you antelope, elk, deer of every kind, moose and bear!

I find it quite amusing to watch grown men get giddy. They smile. They strut. They talk animal. Yes, that's what I said. A separate language altogether. They call one another up. They go on buying sprees for mmmmmmmmmmm.......let's see, bullets, targets, a new camouflage suit, with matching gloves and hat, face paint, skunk oil, long underwear and sturdy boots with laces. There is probably lots of other stuff but these are the articles I have noticed. All matching.

After he had returned from his spree, I had been downstairs ironing, like a dutiful wife........came upstairs and walked into the bedroom to find my dear husband...........you guess it, all dressed up in his new camouflage suit with the hood up, exclaiming, "Can you see me???? Can you see me?????" I darn near fell over laughing.

I mean, how many men would put on a "fashion show" just for their wives........ya, well THAT was a rhetorical question.

I have to go now and get on my teddy...............and I don't mean bear...............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can tell dad that I do miss the camouflage and the opportunity to extend my sterling 'bullets per deer' ratio. Even more, I miss eating the resultant sausage:(