Saturday, November 17, 2007

Color me glitter.

Husband and I went shopping. I was looking for garland...you know, the fake kind of pine boughs to go around the arches of our home.

We went from shop to shop. All I saw were either wrong color or too expensive.

We ended up getting two cheaper REALLY fake looking garland strands and one really fancy one that didn't look overly fake.

If this was our old house, I would get out hammer, nails, tacks, etc. whatever would keep those suckers from falling off the walls.

In our new little rented abode, there will be so such thing as hammer and nails or anything that punctures the plaster for fear a whole slab of wall may fall down. We don't want that now, do we.

So we found those new fangled hangers that stick on and are supposed to come off without the paint coming along for the ride. We'll have to wait and see on that issue.

We put up the hangers followed by the strings of garland. Looking good.

The fancy garland was sprayed with gold glitter. I swept. I vacuumed. I dusted and polished.

Dang glitter won't leave the place. It's in my hair, on my face, embedded into my socks and into the hardwood floor cracks. Looks festive though.........kind of "grows" on ya'..............

2 comments:

Shauna Bennett said...

Christmas is coming!!!

Sharon Kent said...

Yes, indeedee...............