Wednesday, December 5, 2007

How do I buy Christmas lights....let me count the ways.

I asked husband if he would mind stopping at a nearby chain store to pick up some "white" indoor lights to weave around the green fake pine boughs over our archway in the living room.

He wasn't too enthusiastic.....but he went.....and returned.

I opened the single package up. Icy "blue" lights. Not enough of them. I did really want "white" and it looked like I would need two packages.

He wasn't too enthusiastic....but he went back......and returned.

I opened the first package. Oooooooooo. Nice "white" lights. Green strings. Yes. Pulled them out....all 35 of them.

I opened the second package - string #2. Nice white lights. Yes. Pulled them out....all 35 of them.........something looked different.

Well, would you look at that. Nice white lights. Yes. But the strings were white too.

That just wouldn't look right now would it??? White strings weaving their showy selves in and out of the green fake pine boughs. No. I would need the second string of lights to have green
strings too.

He's not too enthusiastic.....but he's going......back tomorrow. Hopefully, he'll come back with "white" lights with green strings.

It's tough being a guy......but really, have you looked lately at how many types of Christmas lights are available????? There must be at least 50!!! more or less.......no wonder his enthusiasm's waning.

I did bake butterscotch and chocolate chip cookies too, as an incentive. When he comes home from the Christmas light trips, he gets to "try out" one or two.

I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try and save some for me. The cookies, not the lights.

Sharon Kent said...

I've put them in the freezer so he won't get at them.

Tonight it's cherry bars.

Tomorrow, raspberry coconut bars.

Saturday, butter tarts.

Hurry home Dear.