Thursday, December 6, 2007

We must be bonkers....but he's a beauty.

Who, in their right mind, would go Christmas tree shopping for a REAL tree on a Thursday evening, -23C with wind chill of -34C. Who would do that?????...........us.......

And who would do that without wearing long, woolly underwear under their jeans plus two pairs of mitts, a hat on their head, a scarf around their face plus an extra sweater or two under their ski jacket????........us........

I do think we're a wee bit bonkers, eh?? Sometimes Saskatchewan people do things like that!

The sales lady at Gaudet's Trees told us the beauty we picked out was "hefty". A 6 footer too.

He's all frozen and wrapped up at the moment but when we unleash his bindings, I wonder just how "hefty" he'll turn out to be??? 8 feet wide???? Should he spread himself out too far into the living/dining room, we may have a very intimate Christmas dinner AROUND the tree.

Might be nice............

I dare not mention the "pruning" word around him for fear he'll drop his needles. We'll stay hushed for now and hope one side of him is a little thin.

The tree. I think he'll be a beauty.

I do hope the "children" as well as old St. Nick will appreciate him.

3 comments:

Shauna Bennett said...

Glad to hear you go real and not artificial! Nothing like a real tree at Christmas time.

Sharon Kent said...

He's standing in his stand and looks pretty sweet. Smells good too!

I'm surely not an artificial kind of gal, well, other than wearing make-up and coloring my hair..........oh, and I do have two front teeth that are fake.....not that I need to tell the whole world but I need to be real in my artificiality!

Shauna Bennett said...

Haha. Thanks for sharing! :) Mom and Dad just put up our tree. They decided to cut one down at the lake and bring it home with them a few weekends ago. Let's just say it has a lot of character and shape to it. What a wonderful season.