Thursday, January 31, 2008

Did you hear the one about Bubba?

(If you've heard this one, be patient) Bubba walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist asked him what he had. Bubba said: "Shingles." So she wrote down his name, address, medical insurance number and told him to have a seat.

Fifteen minutes later a nurse's aide came out, took him into an exam room, and asked Bubba what he had.

Bubba said, "Shingles." So she wrote down his height, weight, a complete medical history and told Bubba to wait in the examining room.

A half hour later a nurse came in and asked Bubba what he had. Bubba said, "Shingles." So the nurse gave Bubba a blood test, a blood pressure test, an electrocardiogram, and told Bubba to take off all his clothes and wait for the doctor.

An hour later the doctor came in and found Bubba sitting a bit impatiently in the nude and asked Bubba what he had. Bubba said, "Shingles." The doctor asked, "Where?"

Bubba said, "Outside in the truck. Where do you want me to unload 'em??"

Funny eh?

So, now for a riddle: What does a roof and I have in common????

Yep....shingles.

There are probably oodles of "shingles" jokes. If you have any, just post 'em on here in the comments. I'll try and laugh so I don't cry.

Pretty darn sore, this time. :-( We'll see what these drugs can do!

5 comments:

Dixie Vandersluys said...

Oh no! Poor Sharon. Get better soon!!

(I'm glad I put Olivia down to type this out. I was holding her and at first I wrote "Oh no! Poo Sharon.") ;)

Anonymous said...

I hope your shingles don't have a 20 year guarantee . . . . .

Anonymous said...

You're a brave soul -- sitting there in pain yesterday, not saying a thing about it, all the while sympathetically listening to me whining about my petty gripes! I hope you're feeling better very soon, my dear. I miss you!

Linea said...

Sharon - hope the medication kicks in soon.

I didn't take Leo very seriously when he mentioned that at our age we might want to consider a Chicken pox vaccination to boost immunity against this maladie again - to prevent shingles. I am thinking maybe it is not such a bad idea.

Sharon Kent said...

Dixie...as of late, you've just been having too many "poo" circumstances. If you had left it the way it was, I would have understood!! :))

e.c.....Your call last night was better than any medicine. Thanks for cheering me up..lunch next week will do that too. :)

Val....it actually only started hurting badly in the afternoon for whatever reason. As we've said before, drugs are the way to go!;-) And thanks for your good wishes too. You're much more funny to have around than Ken :-(

Linea...Whoooooaaaa mamma....I think I'll be looking into that too. I thought it was for the very young, but if the Doc says it's OK for old folks then that's all there is to it! See ya' Sunday.