Wednesday, February 13, 2008

For Lauralea

It's Lent now. I'm thinking somber thoughts, thoughts of sacrifice and "doing unto others as you would have them doing unto you" kinds of things. I was thinking of Lauralea today and her surgery tomorrow. I thought I'd let you read this hymn and as you do, offer a prayer or two for her and her family. The words are by Francis H. Rowley, 1854-1952:

For Lauralea:

"I Will Sing the Wondrous Story

1. I will sing the wondrous story of the Christ who died for me,
How he left his home in glory for the cross of Calvary.
Chorus:
Yes, I'll sing the wondrous story of the Christ who died for me,
sing it with the saints in glory, gathered by the crystal sea.

2. I was lost, but Jesus found me, found the sheep that went astray,
Threw his loving arms around me, drew me back into the way.

3. I was bruised, but Jesus healed me, faint was I from many a fall:
Sight was gone, and fears possessed me, but he freed me from them all.

4. Days of darkness still come o'er me, sorrow's paths I often tread,
But the Savior still is with me, by his hand I'm safely led."

May God walk closely with you, dear friend, and may He guide the surgeon's hands.....

I love you........

No comments: