Thursday, March 6, 2008

The whole world....

heh heh heh I'll bet you thought I was singing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands".....

I was, sort of. Well, I may as well sing it now that I've said it......

There. I just sang it.....like perhaps you just did.

So, where was I going with this....oh ya, tomorrow is World Day of Prayer.

Many, many countries will be hosting the the very same service that my church will host tomorrow. All over the world, hour after hour, God will hear the cries of his people for the same things.....the pleas for justice and mercy and hope and new life.

I feel like I'm such a small, yet important part of the big picture. My friend and I will co-host this event at Gateway tomorrow at 2 pm and many people from various churches in Prince Albert will also be a part of this gathering. But I like to think of the entire world engaged in this...all of us together, in one day. Now, THAT'S the big picture!

I'm praying for God's presence. I'm praying for his Spirit to overwhelm and enter in and become part of people's very fibre. I don't really think we realize how vital prayer is, how great things can come from small talks with God.

Reading liturgically is not typical of our church but we will forge ahead and trust the words will be meaningful to everyone present. It's just good to be together as THE CHURCH universal.

World Day of Prayer....coming to a town near you. Tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom,
I will be praying at that all goes well and that people's hearts will be ready to receive his words. I really like the sound of many people around the world celebrating together - it makes the world not seem so big and lonely. I think you are right that prayer is more important than some of us realize sometimes, thank - you for reminding me of this. In fact, prayer might very well be our best tool for keeping up our walk with Christ - something I must admit I'm not very good at. I do long for a relationship with the one of made me and the only one who truly knows me - sins and all, though I don't seem to have enough determination to figure out how to rectifying myself to him. Anyways, I do hope that tomorrow turns out to be meaningful for all who attend.
Love as always, Shannon

Sharon Kent said...

Thank you my Darling. You will receive from Him when you are ready. That's kind of how it goes. He hears your inner thoughts and longings and knows you intimately. That relationship will some day fall into place, the way He sees fit.

Thank you for your prayers. It was truly a meaningful service today. God was present....and I think He enjoyed what we had to say to Him.

Love,
Mom