Monday, April 7, 2008

It's that time of the year....again.

Our Relay for Life team "Studs and Peelers" (both forestry terms, I might add, so as not to confuse anyone and take them on a smut ride)....yes, as I was saying, our team is in the middle of their fund raising activities.

This Wednesday we're having PIE DAY. It's $2.00 a slice at noon in the main floor Forest Centre Boardroom here in town. I just finished making 6 pie crusts for the occasion. I suppose I'll fill them with something too...........like lemon, chocolate, and coconut cream. Others will be making pies like key lime, buttertart, apple, strawberry.....and maybe we'll even sneak in a carrot cake.

So ya. I'm on the Team again this year. Each member does their own individual fund raising as well as with the whole team.

If you see me walking towards you with an "I want your money" kind of stare, don't turn away. I'll just follow you......but if I know my friends, they'll be coming to find ME and offering great huge amounts of cash for me to hand in to the Cancer Society. It's such a great cause.

I know you have known someone who has died from this disease, perhaps several people. I certainly have and it just makes me want to do this all night thing on May 30 into the morning of May 31........walking around the track to raise money for cancer research. Anything over $15. gets a charitable receipt.

I'll be waiting for your bucks. You'll be glad you gave.

2 comments:

Linea said...

Count me in for $20. Remind me to give it to you too.

Sharon Kent said...

Hey, thanks for that, Linea.

You're my very first supporter!!!