Friday, June 6, 2008

Ulterior motives...

So, when one of the "big bosses" comes along and asks me to take a break and join him at the coffee shop...he'll pay, I initially thought, Hmmmmm......perhaps this is one way of politely and without too much fuss, to tell me my job has been cut. Or maybe I messed up in a really huge way and he needed a venue to express how disappointed he was in me.....OR ......OR.......ya, maybe he just wanted to be nice and give an old lady a break.

I'm really glad it was the latter.

It was nice. We talked about birds and farms and homesteading and working hard as kids. He's an exuberant kind of fellow, very expressive, loves to laugh and generally a good guy to work for. He's kind of a "hippie" type with longish sandy hair, wears flowery shirts, and seems like a pretty free-spirited sort.

It was good to get to know him a little better. It is always the wit and humour that I enjoy about his personality. Very funny and very sensitive and conscientious in his work ethic.

All in all, it was a beautiful way to end a busy week.

No comments: